Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cool Posters For Upcoming Sci-Fi Movies

Some (myself included) would say the art of movie posters isn't much of an art anymore, so it's incredibly refreshing when I come across a movie poster that really inspires me to see a movie on it's own these days. I was just researching some films for My Movie Radar and discovered a couple of cool posters for some sci-fi movies coming out in the near future. Check 'em out:


This poster for Moon is easily the most awesome retro movie poster I've seen since this one for last year's highly underrated Jason Statham heist film The Bank Job.


This one also gives me a retro vibe. It may be the color scheme, but I think the main thing that gives me that nostalgic feeling is the small inset pic of the guys walking through the desert. When I look at that image I can't help but think of the beginning of Planet of the Apes. Then, of course, there's the fact that the character in the larger image looks an awful lot like Boba Fett...


This one's got a more modern feel, but it's still pretty neat. I almost think it would work better without the text.


It's hard to say with any certainty how effective this poster is considering that this is the largest picture of it that I could track down via Google, but even a minute, blurry image such as this outshines the other two (one & two) typical, uninspired posters for this film. It almost looks like the cover to some old, tattered sci-fi paperback you'd find packed away in your grandfather's basement or something.

1 comment: