Monday, May 4, 2009

Free Comic Book Day '09

Free Comic Book Day was a pretty massive success for Beyond Comics this year. I'm pretty sure it's always our busiest day regardless, but this year was our most profitable yet. We had comic artist Sean Chen in the house at the Frederick location where I work and Gene Ha at the Gaithersburg location. At the Frederick store we also had fellow co-worker Mike Imboden in the house signing copies of his comic Fist Of Justice, and a few other local artists peddling their wares. Not to mention, some people from the Roy Rogers next door were at the store giving away coupons and free chicken tenders. I worked the evening shift and closed the store on Saturday, so I missed out on the free food, but I stocked up on coupons with which I plan on robbing Roy's blind over the next few weeks.











No comments:

Post a Comment