Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Feast For The Eyes

I have to imagine that if you're reading my blog you probably know me in some regard, because I kind of doubt that I'm drawing any new fans/readers with posts about Beyond Re-Animator and what I've bought recently. So since you already know me you must know that Jesse Munoz and I have been collaborating for some time now on a potential comic book series called Broken Legacy. You did know that, right? Of course you did.

Well, as of late we have been refining the project and preparing (what we believe to be) a pretty solid pitch package to begin sending off to prospective publishers (damn, that's a lot of "P" words...). As of tonight we're about 99% done with the pitch. We've just settled on the final cover image that will serve as the visual backbone to the pitch, and so excited are we that Jesse and I are giving you, the people, a sneak peek at said cover image. So sit back, moisten your eyeballs, and prepare to gawk, because here it is in all it's color-ific, be-logo-ed glory:



And while I'm at it, just for kicks, here's a quick excerpt from the pitch itself:

"When an evil wizard by the name of Malacan begins dredging up the troubled and mysterious history of the land of Aeronen, the elderly King Talior enlists a pair of traveling brothers/soldiers named Tobias and Gabriel to help defend the kingdom from his enemy’s forthcoming onslaught. As they battle for the good of their homeland, the brothers will be forced to face the unfortunate truths behind their broken family legacy, as well as their future, through hardships which they never perceived possible."


As soon as Jesse whips up the actual pitch packets and sends them my way to give the once over (hopefully sometime within the next week), we'll be ready to start putting our money where our mouth is and hopefully getting the attention of some publishers. Cross your fingers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment